- Handmade High Quality Buddha Statue in Earth Touching Pose.
- Brownish Red Colored, Made of durable Resin Material. Intricate detailswith Dragon Carving.
- Measurements: Large Size 8.5 inches tall, 6 inches wide. Weighs 35 ounces.
- Fits nicely on any tabletop. Makes a great show piece.
- Made in Nepal, the birth place of Lord Buddha. Fairtrade, Help Nepali Artisans.
This beautiful artistic statue finished with a reddish color depicts the Shakyamuni Buddha meditating in the Earth-Touching pose, which is a gesture based on the story of the Buddha’s enlightenment. Born in 563 B.C in Nepal, Buddha was originally referred to as Siddhartha and lived a rich, pleasant life as the son of the king of the Sakyas. After seeing suffering for the first time as a young man, he renounced his title and embraced asceticism. He eventually achieved enlightenment after meditating under a Bodhi tree. It is said that during his meditation, he was almost deterred by the forces of temptation (Mara). To remain steadfast in his quest, he placed his hand upon the ground for the earth to witness his strength and commitment. Thus, the earth touching pose is a gesture of determination.